Gas and gas condensate well testing
- gas-dynamic well testing;
- a set of gas condensate testing;
- engineering support of gas-dynamic and gas condensate well testing.
Gas-dynamic well testing:
1. Bottomhole pressure measurement. Producing wells are tested.
The measurement of bottomhole parameters is performed to evaluate inflow performances. When recording parameters using regular depth measurement interval or using a sensor of position and velocity, the uniformity of phase distribution in the wellbore is determined
- bottomhole pressure;
- bottomhole temperature;
- the depth of possible temperature anomalies;
- fluid density along the length of the borehole;
- relative phase interface (gas-water);
2. Reservoir pressure measurement
Producing and piesometric well stock is tested to evaluate field development condition. Exploratory wells are tested to determine initial parameters of a penetrated formation. When registering parameters using regular depth measurement interval or when using a sensor of position and velocity, the phase distribution in the wellbore is determined:
- bottomhole pressure;
- bottomhole temperature;
- the depth of possible temperature anomalies
- fluid density along the length of the borehole
- gas-oil contact, oil-water contact (gas-liquid, water condensate)
3. A set of Gas-dynamic well testing
This test is conducted together with unsteady filtration test (PTA). The well is flowed under several steady-states. Parameters of well performance are defined for every steady-state condition:
- bottom-hole conditions (BHP, BHT);
- wellhead conditions;
- the uniformity of phase distribution along the length of the borehole;
- reservoir gas rate for every state.
To determine true skin factor, pressure stabilization curve for every state is recorded. To define reservoir parameters, PBU curve is plotted.
The results of gas-dynamic testing:
- the results of gas-dynamic testing;
- fluid velocity in tubing for every state;
- reservoir characteristics (permeability, hydroconductivity, piezo conductivity);
- bottomhole zone parameters (pseudo skins, true skin);
- absolute open flow;
- reservoir pressure;
- drainage area;
- flow turbulence factor, Non-Darcy flow coefficient.
A set of Gas condensate well testing
1. Gas condensate testing
It is performed at one or several steady-state conditions. Reservoir gas is separated into 2 phases (gas and liquid) by means of a gas separator. Each fluid is measured. Samples of each phase are taken. Well water cut is defined. Gas condensate well testing may be carried out in 2 ways. The first one is by means of conventional methods, using metering gas separators when gas rate is determined with an orifice plate flow meter and gas is flared and liquid rate is calculated by means of a volumetric method. The second one is by means of modern gas-condensate separators equipped with high accuracy flow meters (gas and liquid) without flaring. A rough Report containing basic data for analytical laboratory research is prepared based on the results of gas condensate well testing.
2. Laboratory gas condensate testing
SIAM Company provides full support for a set of gas condensate testing. Laboratory analysis of samples, taken while gas condensate testing, is conducted in professional scientific institutes and certified services companies. Here is the information about a certified laboratory.
|№||Types of activities||Units of measurements|
|1.1||Sampling of separator gas, unstable and stable condensate, produced water||well|
|1.2||Transportation of sampling takers to the site and samples to the lab||shipping|
|2||Laboratory gas condensate studies|
|2.1||Control of sample representativity quality||state|
|2.2||Unstable condensate degassing||state|
|2.3||chromatographic study of degassing gas, separator gas, degassed condensate with component-fraction composition analysis according to ММ 51-00159093-004-04.||state|
|2.4||Analysis of physical-chemical properties of stable condensate||state|
|2.5||Formation fluid calculation||state|
Engineering support of gas and gas condensate well testing
Planning the studies allows obtaining precise and qualitative information to solve crucial tasks of field development. Such an approach enables the increase of quality gas-dynamic and gas condensate testing. It permits getting accurate and relevant data meeting the requirements of testing operating procedures on the one hand and taking into account production loss on the other hand. As part of engineering support the following activities are conducted:
- selection of best testing technology;
- survey design;
- planning of activities;
- monitoring the whole process of testing
- complex interpretation of obtained data and detailed report about the work done.
The engineering team of SIAM Company can develop individual engineering solutions to equip customer’s research service with the following:
- Preparing performance specifications to manufacture gas separation and other research equipment, meeting all Customer’s requirements;
- Design and equipment manufacturing support;
- Introduction of new equipment and its testing;
- selection of best practices to conduct well testing using the equipment.