Basics of geological modelling
- training is conducted in the form of online training which implies audiovisual delivery (presentation) and active involvement of trainees;
- discussion of problems and questions;
- getting modern geological ideas about Earth structure and its main processes occurring on the surface and subsurface;
- introducing to the methodology of 3-D geological modelling, studying features of continuous geological models;
- studying the basis of reported mapping of different data, maps quality control and compliance with approved requirements;
The history of oil production, introduction to the course. The Earth structure, plate tectonics. Geological time and dating (stratigraphy). The classification and main types of rocks. Metamorphism, magmatism.
Petroleum system. Oil source, oil and gas traps. The classification of oil and gas accumulation. Oil and gas field prospecting indicators. Tectonic genesis cycles, oil-and-gas provinces.
The basis of reservoir sedimentology. Sedimentogenesis, diagenesis. Sedimental models, imaging of sedimentological columns. The idea of facies, facies analysis. Electric facies analysis. Types of sedimentation environments. Sequence stratography.
The basis of geological modelling. Types of initial data for geological modelling. Modelling methods. The features of reserves estimation volumetric method. Theoretical bases of geological model mapping. Modern Russian and foreign classification of reserves. Questions and answers. Feedback from trainees.