The basis of reservoir physics and hydrodynamic modelling
- training is conducted in the form of online training which implies audiovisual delivery (presentation) and active involvement of trainees;
- discussion of problems and questions;
- acquiring basic knowledge about types and functions of hydrodynamic models;
- learning skills of quality assessment and laboratory data preprocessing necessary for hydrodynamic modelling.
- skills to select the method of model initializing, methodology of history matching;
- skills to conduct an expert appraisal of a model;
Reservoir modelling review. The idea of geological-technical model. Principles of hydrodynamic modelling. The idea of simulator. Types of hydrodynamic modelling. Types of hydrodynamic simulators. The structure of hydrodynamic modelling, control file, its sections. Preprocessing for preparation of data for hydrodynamic model.
Generation of grids, types of grids The idea of local grid upscaling (сетки), upscaling types. Setting fluid properties in the model. Oil and Gas components. The idea of carbon group index. Phase diagram, fluid types. Physical/chemical properties of formation fluids. Types of PVT samples, comparative characteristics. Standard PVT analyses.
The methods to describe PVT sections correctly depending on a model type and modelled fluid. Practice in wicking properties model. The idea of capillar pressure and transition layer. The review of experimental methods of cap curve calculations. Processing and correction of experimental data for correct model setting. Averaging of experimental data, the idea of J-function.
Setting of relative permeabilities in a model. The review of experimental methods of calculating relative permeabilities curves. Averaging and quality control of relative permeabilities curves. Two-point and еhree -point scaling of relative permeabilities. Obtaining and setting of scaling relationship of relative permeabilities curves. Methods of hydrodynamic models initialising, equilibrium, inequilibrium, half- equilibrium approaches.
Upscaling of models. Methods of upscaling properties. Quality control of obtained upscaling. Methods to set well control in a model for history match and model prediction. General methodology of history match. The quality control of ready hydrodynamic models. Prediction and optimisation of development, field development mapping on the basis of hydrodynamic models.